Joe and I were very fortunate that we stumbled a last minute dinner reservation at the Eigensinn Farm located in Singhampton. Luck has it that the other eight diners we met up at the farm happened to be our friends.
Needless to say, our dinner experience was awesome. The dining room is the actual living space of the Stadländers’ farmhouse, so it’s very cozy. They grow and raise their own vegetables and livestock. And even create their own china to go with their dish. Chef Michael Stadländers is a truly a Renaissance man.
Given Eignesinn Farm is the only Canadian restaurant that made The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, there has been many write-ups.
Here’re some of the write-ups:
- New York Times – The Chef Who Got Away
- Blog TO – A trip to Chef Michael Stadländer’s Eigensinn Farm
- Globe and Mail – Off the Map
- James Chatto – Stadtländer’s urban barn dance
- Alive.com – As good as it gets
- Toronto Standard – Checking out Michael Stadtlnder’s latest project, the Pine Spiel
- Toronto Star – In the forest with Michael Stadtlander
- Forbes – World’s Most Expensive Tasting Menus
- Post City Magazine – Whatever happened to Michael Stadtländer?
- Open Kitchen – The Singhampton Project
- Tribe Magazine – The Best Restaurant in Canada
- Toronto Life – Eating Review
- Urbanspoon – Critic, Bloggers, Diner reviews
- En Route Magazine – The Culinary Lions in Winter
- Ontario Culinery Tourism Alliance – Delicious Things to Come at Eigensinn Farm